On this page
The evaluations tool, called EEE+ Evaluations, provides a mechanism for instructors to plan customized evaluation forms, collect participant feedback, and analyze results. This tool will replace the Midterm Evaluations process on EEE Legacy.
Development of EEE+ Evaluations continues to be informed by feedback from instructors, teaching assistants and participants, research in the field of course evaluations, and colleagues in the Division of Teaching and Learning.
What features are available?
During the pilot, EEE+ Evaluations can be used only for unofficial midterm evaluations one or more times throughout the quarter. You will be able to:
- Create a custom midterm feedback form with your own questions and response options
- Send a unique link to students for them to participate
- Set an open and close period for your evaluation
- View your results
The EEE+ Evaluations pilot will run on a “minimum viable product” that contains a core set of evaluation tool features to run unofficial midterm evaluations. This allows us to find out from instructors what else we should build. However, there are features we know you’ll want and we’ll be working on these in the coming months.
Features we’ll be working on include:
- Assigning evaluations directly to classes. The tool provides a unique URL and ensure that participants can only submit once per form, but you can’t assign an evaluation to a class yet
- Email notifications for non-participants
- Sharing results to the Center for Engaged Instruction for instructional consultations, but we have prioritized this enhancement highly due to its importance towards helping enhance teaching at UCI
What is the timeline?
OIT began working on this new tool in the 2016-2017 year. A full campus pilot is available in Spring Quarter 2017. We will continue to post updates on the Canvas transition website.
How long will results be available?
Based on the Memorandum of Understanding (Updated February, 2017), evaluation results will be available for seven years after the end of the term in which the feedback is collected.
Note: Access to the Evaluations system requires an active UCInetID. If you anticipate any changes to the status of your UCInetID (i.e. leaving UCI), you can ensure sustained access to complete evaluation results by printing or downloading a local archive of the submissions (feature is not available during the Pilot).
Will this affect final course evaluations?
No, the EEE+ Evaluations tool will not affect the final course evaluation process. An update of the final course evaluation tool will begin once EEE+ Evaluations is released. We do not have a timeline on the revamped final course evaluation tool. We will provide regular updates on the final course evaluations tool on the Canvas transition website.
Contact EEE with additional questions
If you have any additional questions about evaluations, please don’t hesitate to let us know.